Let’s face it. Life can be difficult. It just can be. Work pressures mount, family demands become overwhelming, health suffers, stress builds.
I have to admit, it happens to me and when it does, when life gets to be too much or too hard, I put up a “CLOSED for business” sign and seek out a little inspiration.
Inspiration looks good (a beautiful photograph), smells good (a bed of roses), sounds good (Vivaldi’s Four Seasons) and feels good (family photographs, your favorite movie or book).
Surrounding yourself with inspiration helps you get and keep your life on track because it returns you to YOUR spirit – to your center. When you feel inspired, it’s a sign you’re touching a place deep within yourself. From this place, you can create, plan, and simply live a life that feels better. And when you feel better, everything runs a bit more smoothly, creativity increases, things get done, you feel happier.
1. Inspiration is Heart Opening. Think about the last time you read an inspiring story. Did your heart feel 10 times bigger than normal? Inspiration opens your heart and when your heart is open you become more accepting of yourself and others. You feel more patient. Your general outlook improves. Connecting with your heart reduces stress.
2. Inspiration Inspires Greatness. Have you ever seen a beautiful painting and had the urge to stop by your nearest art supply store for a canvas and oil paints? Inspiring works of art touch within us our innate desire to create art that’s unique to us. (art = an outward expression of your deepest joy)
3. Inspiration Calms and Restores Nature. Fresh air. Wide open spaces. Sunny, hot beaches. Don’t you already feel more relaxed? Exactly! Mother Nature is ready and willing to share her inspired works of art with us. She’s made it highly accessible and totally free!
4. Inspiration Energizes and Refreshes. How did you feel watching Lance Armstrong win the Tour de France for the 7th time? Did it make you want to jump on your bike for a 2400 hundred mile bike ride on steep mountain roads? Maybe! Did it make you want to do something greater with your life? Inspiration is powerful because it touches the part of us that knows, deep inside, we’re made for so much more.
5. Inspiration Spreads Joy. Inspiration makes you feel good. Just think of the last inspiring chain-email you received and passed on with a note that said, “I never do this but I had to share this with you!” When you feel good, when the joy in you comes alive, and you share your joy with others, you impact the world in a thousand positive ways.
The next time life feels difficult, put up a “CLOSED for business sign” and get out for a little inspiration. You’ll love the results.